The 60W foldable solar charger provides you with a step-up in power point for solar charging medium to large electronic devices directly using the DC power or by utilizing one of many available accessories. Unlike "CIGS" solar technology, there is no need for "sun-soaking" the panel for optimum performance after periods of storage - so PowerFilm solar provides critical power immediately.
How the charger works:
- Place the charger solar-side up in the sun.
- Connect your device to the charger using a male 12V CLA and the included female 12V CLA.
- Optionally, the charger can be connected directly to a 12V battery for battery charging and power storage. (We recommend using an RA-9 charge controller when direct charging)
- Note - unlike the USB+AA and AA solar chargers there is no storage mechanism, meaning the charger will only produce DC power while in the sun.
What's in the package?
- One (1) 60W foldable solar charger with blocking diode to prevent discharge at night,
- One (1) 12V female CLA
Best uses and suggested accessories:
- 12V battery charging
- Remote power - HAM Radio, water purification, photography, power tools
- Camp lighting
- DC electric coolers
- Laptop PC - recommend use of a battery in place of direct charging
- RA1 - 12V male CLA
- RA3 - battery charging unit
- RA8 - 15' extension cord with alligator clip connectors
- RA9 - Charge controller
- RA13 - Anderson power pole connector
- RA16 - 12V USB conversion plug
- Operating Voltage: 15.4
- Wattage: 60
- Current: 3.6 amps
- Width (mm): 1207 unfolded; 336 folded
- Length (mm): 1308 unfolded; 178 folded
- Width (in): 47.5 unfolded; 13.25 folded
- Length (in): 51.5 unfolded 7 folded
- Weight (kg): 1.45 kg
- Weight (lb): 3.19 lbs