Morningstar Prostar 30M solar regulator with monitor
Prostar 30M charge controller: High quality 30A, 12/24V marine grade PWM solar regulators by Morningstar. Comes with a range of advanced features, including LED monitor.
This world-leading mid-range solar controller, now on its second generation, sets new standards for reliability and self-diagnostics, with a range of advanced features. The Prostar regulators are suitable for both 12V and 24V systems with solar panel wattage up to 225W or 450W (at 12V).
- digital display shows current and voltage plus 9 status parameters and self-diagnostics
- battery level indicator
- estimated 15 year life,
- pulse width modulation series battery charging,
- 3-position battery select option (gel, sealed or flooded)
- jumper to eliminate telecom noise, temperature compensation,
- low and high voltage disconnect,
- reverse current protection
- high temperature disconnect.
- approved for use in hazardous locations
- dimensions: 153 x 105 x 55 mm; 230g.
- rated inputs = 30A
- 5-year warranty
Pulse width modulation (PWM) charging can double the life of a battery compared with On-Off charging, and typically sends 30% more solar energy into the battery per day. Average battery State-of-Charge is 90-95% compared to 55-60% for On-Off regulators.