Morningstar Sunlight 10L 12V controller for Solar Lighting
The Sunlight Solar Lighting Controller, or SLC, is a solar panel charge regulator for 12V PV systems.
Rated at 10A (120W), this charger controller has a digital rotary switch for selecting 10 different lighting options.
It uses the voltage input to calculate day & night (as well as charge your battery). It can then switch on lighting one or two hours before sunrise and a set number of hours after sunset.
Alternatively, lights can be kept off or on all night. Perfect for street lights, bus stops and signs.
* low voltage disconnect facility
* test button confirms the lighting option & switches on the lights a 5 min test.
* battery selection (flooded or sealed)
* LED indicators for battery charge & startup/load disconnect/lighting option
* reverse polarity protection
* large screw terminals for simplified connectivity
* very corrosion resistant
* dimensions: 168 x 55 x 34mm; 320g.
* rated solar input of 10A
* 5-year warranty
* calculates night length automatically
* can operate in parallel configuration with other Morningstar Controllers
* prevents battery discharge at night. No need for blocking diode.
These controllers provide pulse width modulation (PWM) charging, which can double the life of a battery compared with On-Off charging. This typically sends 30% more solar energy into the battery per day. Average battery State-of-Charge is 90-95% compared to 55-60% for On-Off regulators.
Made by Morningstar.