37W Solar Golf Cart Kit
Fit this 37W solar kit to your golf cart and you'll extend your battery range (going further on one mains charge). You'll also save money on reduced charging costs and battery replacements (this kit will help to extend your battery life).
How will solar power extend your golf cart battery life?
- Golf cart batteries are typically drained (during use) by about 80% of their charge. This is known as a deep discharge. At this point the battery has to be recharged. A discharge and recharge is known as a charge cycle. After approximately 520 charge cycles the battery will be nearing its end of life and your cart will need a new battery. This could happen within a year and a half.
- With a PowerFilm PowerDrive solar panel charging the battery, maximum drain is down to about 65%. This improves the life of the battery to a minimum of 730 charge cycles. Even better, typical battery drain is between 30% and 50%, which means battery life can be more than doubled. (30% drain means the battery will last for 1,800 charge cycles or 4 and 3/4 years).
What about the panel?
- There are no brackets, this flexible panel has a "Peel and Stick" Butyl Backer
- Peel and stick means no holes to drill in your golf cart roof
- There's no heavy glass or chunky frame - this is a lightweight, low profile, weatherproof and durable panel
- The panel installs in minutes
- The solar cell technology used makes for an efficient operation even in low light levels (perfect for the UK).
Commercial benefits for golfing centres:
- The number 1 complaint is when a cart doesn't last the 18 holes. Solar power will make sure the cart gets around the course and back for the nineteenth hole.
- Less recharging time on mains power means significantly lower electricity bills
- Solar power will need less manpower for cart maintenance. Replacing a discharged cart by shuffling others around can tie up three carts and a couple of staff.
- Solar power will reduce cart downtime. More carts available to your golfing customers.
- Complete with all components & cables needed for a simple self install
- Power: 37W
- Voltage: The panel produces 15.4V and the controller (included in the kit) boosts this to 48V
- Solar Panel Dimensions (Opened Out): 26.25" x 51.3", 0.667m x 1.3m
- Charge Controller Dimensions: Approx 4" x 2" x 2" (101mm x 51mm x 51mm)
- Charge Controller Weight: 1.8lbs (0.82kg)
- 12V to 48V (CV 12/48-3 PV) Solar charge controller