Solar Trader 32W Flexi Panel solar boat kit
These solar panel kits for boats contain a 32W Flexi solar panel and a highly efficient EcoEnergy ASC50 marine grade charge regulator.
Sailing Today magazine tested 27 solar panels and voted the 32W Flexi panel as their Premium Product. Flexi panels are ideally suited to cloudy UK conditions and are practically unbreakable. In these kits they are teamed with a tough, weatherproof charge controller with ZERO battery standby power consumption.
The Solar Trader Flexi-panels are perfect for trickle and maintenance charging of 12V batteries on boats, yachts, jet-skis, caravans etc. They are lightweight but hardwearing and rugged, making them ideal for marine and expedition use. Because they are flexible and have no glass they can be mounted in many different ways: glue them to the deck, wrap them around the bimini with a bungee cord, bolt them to the railing, hang them on a hook. Some of our customers have even used velcro! Flexi panels can be walked on with soft shoes.
Flexi panels are made with UniSolar triple-junction cells, which perform especially well under the low light levels typically found in the UK. Each cell is composed of three semiconductor junctions stacked on top of each other. The bottom cell absorbs the red light; the middle cell absorbs the yellow/green light and the top cell absorbs the blue light. This spectrum splitting capability is the key to higher efficiency. Unlike crystalline technologies, Flexi panels do not suffer reduced power output at higher temperatures.
There is a blocking diode within each potted junction box, preventing battery discharge into the panel. 32W panels have bypass diodes across each cell, so the modules continue to produce power even when partially shaded.
- No glass
- Shadow tolerant
- High temperature performance
- Weather, Seawater and Vandal resistant
- Blocking diode in junction box.
- The 32W Flexi panel measures 1430 x 425 x 15 mm; 2.1kg
- rated 1.94A @ 16.5V
ASC50 - charge controller
Uses less than 1/10th the power of the industry average. The zero battery consumption at night saves lots of power, especially in systems need to last through prolonged overcast conditions. Almost all other charge regulators have a standby current draw that will drain the battery during poor light conditions.
- Protection (PV & Battery), against short-circuit & reverse polarity, overload, over temperature & battery removal
- Max Charging current (at 70°C) 4A DC
- Can charge a completely discharged battery
- Extreme design -40 degrees to +70 degrees C
- Series design (not shunt)
- Reliable - 100% solid state
- No radio interference
- LED indicates charging
- Wall mountable ABS plastic case
- Fully encapsulated in epoxy potting
- Charge Controller dimensions: 3.8 x 7.0 x 3.1 cm; 50g
- Battery consumption zero, 0.0 mA
- Typical solar consumption 5 mA during daylight only
- 5 year warranty
Cabling - please note:
The 32W Flexi panels have approx. 0.3m of 2-core cable fitted into the junction box. The cable terminates in bare wires. If you would like us to extend the cables and/or add connectors please contact us. There is a small charge for this service.
- 32W Flexi Panel Instruction Manual