165W PowerDrive Golf Car Solar Panel Kit
Fit this 165W solar kit to your golf cart and you'll extend your battery range (going further on one mains charge). You'll also save money on reduced charging costs and battery replacements (this kit will help to extend your battery life).
Choose between the 4 different panel shapes to best suit your golf cart and a 36V or 48V charge controller depending on your battery bank.
How will solar power extend your golf cart battery life?
- Golf cart batteries are typically drained (during use) by about 80% of their charge. This is known as a deep discharge. At this point the battery has to be recharged. A discharge and recharge is known as a charge cycle. After approximately 520 charge cycles the battery will be nearing its end of life and your cart will need a new battery. This could happen within a year and a half.
- With a PowerFilm PowerDrive solar panel kit charging the battery, maximum drain is down to about 65%. This improves the life of the battery to a minimum of 730 charge cycles. Even better, typical battery drain is between 30% and 50%, which means battery life can be more than doubled. (30% drain means the battery will last for 1,800 charge cycles or 4 and 3/4 years).
What about the panel?
- There are no brackets, this flexible panel has a snap on system which secures the panel and allows for easy maintenance
- There's no heavy glass or chunky frame - this is a lightweight, low profile, weatherproof and durable panel
- The panel install is quick and easy with no special tools
- The solar cell technology used makes for an efficient operation even in low light levels (perfect for the UK).
Commercial benefits for golfing centres:
- The number 1 complaint is when a cart doesn't last the 18 holes. Solar power will make sure the cart gets around the course and back for the nineteenth hole.
- Less recharging time on mains power means significantly lower electricity bills
- Solar power will need less manpower for cart maintenance. Replacing a discharged cart by shuffling others around can tie up three carts and a couple of staff.
- Solar power will reduce cart downtime. More carts available to your golfing customers.
- Complete with all components & cables needed for a simple self install
- Power: 165W
- Voltage: The panel produces 28.3V and the controller (included in the kit) boosts this to 36V or 48V, if you require other voltages then please contact us
- The charge controller is compatible with 48V and 36V lead-acid and 48V lithium drop-in replacement batteries
Solar panel dimensions, length x width:
- 165W E-Z-GO RXV PowerDrive panel – 1409.7mm x 952.5mm
- 165W Generic PowerDrive panel – 1219.2mm x 914.4mm
- 165W Club Car Precedent PowerDrive panel – 1409.7mm x 952.5mm
- 165W E-Z-GO TXT PowerDrive panel – 1219.2mm x 914.4mm
This item is shipped direct from the manufacturer. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Your cart may have a series of batteries connected together. To make sure you charge all these batteries, please read the extract from the manual on Battery Connection.