1kw Off-Grid Power Station
Our 1KW Off-grid Solar System Kit is part of a range of larger solar kits designed to provide power to off-grid locations, this kit is suitable for small-scale stables, workshops and houses. The main use for this kit is to be used as a:
- Completely off-grid power system which can have a generator or mains as a backup
Within the kit you have all parts that you require to start producing you own power within 24 hours of installation. It is simple to construct and comes with full instructions. We are able to provide technical assistance over the phone if necessary. There are many optional parts of the system which can be used for extra safety and monitoring.
The solar panels are intended to be mounted on a pantile roof using a rail system. Alternatively you can use ConSoles to mount the panels on a flat roof or on the ground. The MPPT charge controller is to be connected to the batteries first, making sure they are wired for a balanced load and charge. The 10m of extension cable from the solar runs to the MPPT charge controller via the roof or other access ways. The batteries are then connected to the inverter/charger making sure to balance the connections.
You are essentially provided a 240V mains supply which you can wire into a mains consumer unit or sub-board. To run 12/24/48V appliances you can either run straight off the batteries or purchase a DC-DC converter. Note: if you have DC loads and have a CCGX in the system then it would be recommended to purchase a BMV-700 to assist in calculating an accurate State of Charge (SoC).
The 1000W kit provides up to 1,980 watt hours per day during winter, 3,960 watt hours during spring/autumn and 6,930 watt hours during summer. The batteries provide 3,960 watt hours backup to run your appliances during the night.
The kit is suitable to power appliances such as lighting, power tools, battery charger, car vac, alarm systems etc for around 4-6 hours per day. If you wish to power larger appliances or run these for longer, please consider a larger kit.
To get a better understanding of appliances that you can use with our powerstations, consider using our appliance wattage calculator (Excel speadsheet) for the larger kits:
- Gives you the tools to achieve energy self sufficiency
- Easy to install kit without the need for any qualified persons
- Possible to disassemble and relocate
- Can provide power in areas where mains cannot reach
- Can be seen as an investment due to ever increasing energy prices
- 3 x Canadian Solar 330W HiDM High Density MONO PERC Black Frame
- Renusol VarioSole Rail Mounting System
- Multi Contact 10m Single Core 4mm2 Extension Cable Pair with MC4 Connectors
- SmartSolar MPPT 150/35 Charge Controller
- 2 x 1m Single Core 4mm2 Cable with M8 Crimps
- 2 x Victron 12V/165Ah GEL Deep Cycle Battery
- 0.25m Single Core 25mm2 Battery Cable with M8 Crimps
- Victron MultiPlus Compact 1600VA – 24V, 40A Outlet (Please call if you require a larger inverter)
- 300A Battery isolator rotary switch, M10
- Wiring Diagram and User Manuals
- Panels may vary according to stock levels, but will be as close to 1kw as possible
- The above mounting system is based on a pantile roof. An alternative mounting system may be required for slate or flat roofs
- If connecting the MultiPlus to the grid, you need to check with the DNO for permission
- Victron Energy Gel & AGM Batteries Datasheet
- VarioSole UK 180706
- Renusol VS system datasheet EN 160630
- Canadian Solar-Datasheet-HiDM 325-340
- Installation Manual of Standard Solar Modules en July2018
- Select Solar Power Station Wiring Diagram 1kw